One of the most popular creativity methods in my Ideas Workshop is SCAMPER. It is a productive and versatile technique for generating innovative ideas for your product or service. It forces you to look at your offering from seven different perspectives. SCAMPER is an acronym and you ask the following types of question when you use this tool:
• Substitute: What elements of this product or service can we substitute?
• Combine: How can we combine this with other products or services?
• Adapt: What idea from elsewhere can we alter or adapt?
• Maximize or minimize: How can we greatly enlarge or greatly reduce any component?
• Put to other use: What completely different use can we have for our product?
• Eliminate: What elements of the product or service can be eliminated?
• Rearrange or reverse: How can we rearrange the product or reverse the process?
Here are some examples Continue Reading